- All students, especially at-risk students, are capable of excelling academically when given the support services they need to focus on their academic goals.
- Provide an innovative education for students who are unable to function successfully in a traditional high school and allow students to achieve at their own pace.
- Academic success should not be limited to what is taught in a classroom, but must encourage and include life experiences and hands-on learning to help develop the whole student.
- Relevance and rigor must exist in practice as well as in policy and should include academic ideas as well as personal practices.
- Education is not a point in time but a continued journey that requires access, support, and commitment.
- The transition between secondary education and post-secondary education, training, and employment must be streamlined through partnerships between education and business.
- Focus on individual needs and create success one student at a time.